By Dan Cederholm
Foreword by way of Chris Coyier.
Let's face it: CSS is difficult. Our stylesheets are extra advanced than they was once, and we're bending the spec to do up to it might probably. Can Sass help?
A reluctant convert to Sass, Dan Cederholm stocks how he came over to the preferred CSS pre-processor, and offers a uncomplicated route to taking larger keep an eye on of your code (all the whereas operating how you constantly have). From getting began to complex strategies, Dan might help you point up your stylesheets and immediately commence profiting from the facility of Sass.
Contents: - Why Sass? - Sass Workflow - utilizing Sass - Sass and Media Queries. - Dan Cederholm is a dressmaker, writer, and speaker residing in Salem, Massachusetts. He's the Co-Founder of Dribbble, a group for designers, and founding father of SimpleBits, a tiny layout studio. A long-time recommend of standards-based website design, Dan has labored with YouTube, Microsoft, Google, MTV, ESPN and others. He's written numerous renowned books approximately website design, and got a TechFellow award in early 2012. He's presently an aspiring clawhammer banjoist and sometimes wears a baseball cap.
By Tim Brown
Combining typefaces is demanding and enjoyable, however it takes perform. winning mixtures are partially an issue of fine flavor, that are difficult to strengthen. And discovering typefaces that paintings good jointly frequently takes extra time than we (or our managers, or our spouses!) imagine it should.
This pocket advisor offers you a framework for effective perform, lead you to founts of data and assist you pass judgement on the paintings you spot, together with your personal paintings. it is going to motivate you to be selective, sufferer and moderate, concentrating on internet contexts and your layout objectives.
By Steven F. Daniel
Over a hundred recipes to construct your personal enjoyable and interesting iOS functions with this booklet and ebook.
• how one can cross approximately constructing a few uncomplicated, but robust purposes conveniently utilizing recipes and instance code
• Teaches the way to use the good points of iOS 6 to combine fb, Twitter, iCloud, and Airplay into your applications
• plenty of step by step recipe examples with abundant screenshots during to program deployment to the Apple App shop to get you on top of things very quickly, with worthwhile tricks alongside the way.
The unlock of iOS 6 comes choked with over 1,500 new APIs and 2 hundred new gains. Xcode four Cookbook will train youhow to combine iCloud garage and the way to move approximately utilizing the fb and OpenGraphi APIs, in addition to supplying you with sensible step by step recipes masking consumer Interfaces, facts administration, multimedia, localisation providers and maps, all over to software deployment to the Apple App shop. you'll soon be getting to know the expertise and the abilities had to create a few awesome applications.
Xcode four Cookbook may help you methods to construct a few strong functions utilizing iOS 6 and some of the frameworks. you'll soon grasp find out how to contain iCloud, fb, and the OpenGraph APIs and observe quite a few photo filters and transitions utilizing center photo integration inside your functions. by utilizing the book’s step by step process, you'll soon grasp the expertise and the abilities had to create a few striking applications.
Xcode four Cookbook will give you the talents and data and functional recipes on the way to pass approximately constructing worthy functions that may be used in the industry.
You will commence by means of studying the right way to pass approximately downloading and fitting the Xcode improvement instruments, find out about Interface Builder to create the visible consumer interfaces, connecting the items utilizing shops and activities, and how you can compile/debug your applications.
Finally, you are going to tips on how to trap media with the iOS digicam and play again video content material utilizing Airplay to wirelessly circulation movies to an Apple television machine, utilizing the AV beginning framework, in addition to utilizing the center snapshot and center images frameworks to create notable photo results utilizing the integrated features.
What you'll examine from this book
• obtain and set up the Xcode four iOS 6 Developer Tools;
• construct consumer interfaces utilizing Interface Builder;
• notice the center picture and middle photographs Frameworks and the integrated photo filters;
• Use tools to ensure your purposes are working smoothly;
• discover the center position and MapKit frameworks to demonstrate the present user’s position and to use the geocoding of deal with information;
• grasp iCloud garage APIs to add and obtain content material, in addition to the best way to pass approximately dealing with file-conflicts;
• combine the fb, OpenGraph, and fb question Language (FQL) APIs into your applications;
• set up your functions to the Apple App Store.
This is a Cookbook with easy-to-follow recipes containing useful and special examples that are all totally sponsored up with code, illustrations, and suggestions.
By Andrea Picchi
With Pro iOS website design and Development, you’ll layout web content and advance net functions for iPhone and iPad utilizing internet criteria deployed with Apple's Safari browser.
In addition, you’ll how one can handle the explicit positive factors made on hand via Apple's iOS, specifically with reference to designing Web-based touch-screen interfaces.
Pro iOS website design and Development might help you convey wealthy cellular person reports with no compromise through optimizing your websites for WebKit and Safari, the de facto usual for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * layout an optimum web site for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod contact.
* Use net criteria to advance specialist websites on Apple’s key structures and spot why this is often vital for net builders and architects.
* make the most of Apple’s multi-touch reveal expertise on your net apps, maximizing consumer event and accessibility.
* perform usability checking out for cellular web content and net apps.
* outline an agile venture stream optimized for cellular improvement.
* Use a cognitive method of UI layout utilizing the legislation of conception, colour psychology conception, and the techniques in the back of confident and destructive space.
<h3>Who this publication is for</h3>
internet designers who're drawn to cellular website design and/or cellular net improvement; computing device builders who're drawn to cellular net software improvement; or any net expert who desires to the right way to layout and improve for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod contact.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3><ol> * imagine contact cellular
* layout contact cellular
* increase contact cellular
* person Interface layout for cellular contact units
* iPhone UI layout: imagine uncomplicated
* iPad UI layout: imagine Inverted
* net criteria for WebKit—Maximizing MobileSafari
* developing WebApps—Mobile software improvement
* operating in Apple's local cellular Environments
* Optimizing WebApps
* checking out iPhone and iPad WebApps
* Maximizing the marketplace for WebApps
* having a look past the cellular internet to Ubiquitous Computing
By Patrick McNeil
The net Designer's inspiration publication, Vol. 2: extra of the easiest subject matters, tendencies and kinds in site Design
Volume 2 of the internet Designer's notion e-book contains greater than 650 new web pages prepared thematically, so that you can simply locate proposal to your paintings. writer Patrick McNeil, author of the preferred website design weblog designmeltdown.com and writer of the unique bestselling internet Designer's concept publication, has cataloged hundreds of thousands of websites, and showcases the newest and most sensible examples during this booklet. the internet is the main swiftly altering layout medium, and this booklet deals an prepared assessment of what's occurring right away. websites are labeled via style, layout point, types and subject matters, structural types, and structural parts. This new quantity additionally incorporates a beneficial bankruptcy explaining easy layout ideas and the way they are often utilized on-line. even if you're brainstorming with a coworker or explaining your principles to a consumer, this publication offers a strong communique device you should use to leap commence your subsequent undertaking.
By Kevin Yank, Cameron Adams
• know how to answer consumer events.
• Create animations that convey your website to life.
• commence programming utilizing the DOM and Ajax.
By Vishal Layka
Internet improvement remains to be one in all today's most well-liked, lively, and significant programming and improvement actions. From a unmarried website to an e-commerce-enabled site to a fully-fledged net program, the Java programming language and its frameworks permit you excellent flexibility and productiveness in your internet software development.
Learn Java for net improvement teaches internet builders who're new to Java key talents, Java-based languages, and frameworks to construct uncomplicated or complicated sites and functions. once you decide up this publication, Vishal Layka's adventure courses you on a truly functional studying and development journey.
You will research the Java nuts and bolts essential to construct an easy "HelloWorld" Java (native) program, in addition to a "HelloWorld" Java-based net software instance that makes use of servlets and Java Server Pages (JSPs). Over the process the ebook, you'll examine extra approximately servlets and JSPs and delve into Java Server Faces (JSFs) and the expression language present in each one of those through employing them in a real-world case study—a booklet shop e-commerce program. Then you’ll construct your internet software utilizing Apache Struts2 and the Spring MVC framework.
The publication concludes through exploring the internet software that you've equipped and interpreting top practices and the way those may well healthy along with your program, in addition to overlaying substitute Java internet frameworks like Groovy/Grails and Scala/Play 2. you can also discover the fundamentals of Java, Groovy, and Scala within the book’s appendices.
While examining this booklet, you'll see all this in motion and you'll use it as a place to begin for additional Java internet improvement. examine and test with the numerous resource code examples, and later follow them for your personal net program construction endeavors and 2:00 AM demanding situations.
By Ethan Brown
Deal with issues of alternative browser implementations
Use top practices for this complicated language
By Smashing Magazine
Smashing ebook #3 is a qualified advisor on easy methods to redecorate web content, however it additionally introduces a complete new approach for innovative website design. The publication demanding situations you to imagine another way approximately your paintings and may swap how you layout web pages forever.
By Estelle Weyl
Build kickass web content and purposes for all cellular (and non-mobile) systems by way of including HTML5 and CSS3 for your internet improvement toolkit. With this hands-on publication, you’ll find out how to increase net apps that not just paintings on iOS, Android, Blackberry, and home windows cellphone, but additionally practice good and supply strong consumer experience.
With plenty of code and markup examples, you’ll research top practices for utilizing HTML5 gains, together with new internet varieties, SVG, Canvas, localStorage, and comparable APIs. You’ll additionally get an in-depth examine CSS3, and observe tips on how to layout apps for big screens and tiny monitors alike.
• study HTML5’s components, syntax, and semantics
• discover HTML5 media APIs for pics, video, and audio
• let your purposes to paintings offline, utilizing AppCache, localStorage, and different APIs
• study what you want to learn about CSS3 selectors and syntax
• Dive into CSS3 positive aspects reminiscent of a number of backgrounds, gradients, border-images, transitions, transforms, and animations
• Make your internet purposes usable, responsive, and obtainable.
• layout for functionality, person event, and reliability on all systems