By Rebecca Leech
Read or Download A Parent's Guide to Scholarship Tests PDF
Best study aids books
The one-stop source reinforcing strategies for the automatic CPA Exam
Wiley CPA examination assessment concentration Notes: company atmosphere and ideas, 2013 reinforces key ideas for the automatic CPA examination in an easy-to-read-and-carry spinal sure layout. It presents a assessment of the entire uncomplicated abilities and ideas verified at the CPA examination, educating vital innovations to take the examination swifter and extra accurately.
• Covers wisdom of the overall company surroundings and enterprise concepts
• contains pointers on picking and studying annual studies, inventory reviews, and different released fabric to aid with the examine requisites of the hot case examine simulations
• bargains a convenient, easy-to-carry, spiral sure reference manual
• offers a simplified and targeted method of resolve examination questions and toughen fabric being studied
• contains acronyms and mnemonics to aid applicants study and take into accout various principles and checklists
Wiley CPA examination overview concentration Notes: company setting and ideas, 2013 is designed to supply pertinent wisdom in codecs which are effortless to appreciate and be mindful.
Get a plan to ace the exam—and utilize the time you've got left.
Whether you've months, one month, or perhaps only a week left earlier than the examination, you could flip to the specialists at CliffsNotes for a relied on and conceivable cram plan to ace the ASVAB AFQT—without ever breaking a sweat!
First, you'll ensure precisely how a lot time you've got left to organize for the examination. Then, you'll flip to the two-month, one-month, or one-week cram plan for week-by-week and daily schedules of easy methods to concentration your examine in response to your particular timeline.
Each stand-alone plan comprises:
• Diagnostic test–helps you pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses soyou can concentration your evaluation at the issues during which you wish the main help
•Subject reviews–cover every little thing you could anticipate at the real exam:arithmetic reasoning, observe wisdom, paragraph comprehension, and arithmetic knowledge
• Full-length perform try out with solutions and targeted explanations–a simulated ASVAB AFQT examination with scoring consultant supplies an actual test-taking experience
Test-prep necessities from the specialists at CliffsNotes
Suffering readers usually lack uncomplicated analyzing abilities and aren't outfitted with past wisdom and analyzing recommendations to completely have interaction within the school room literature event. provide your scholars the heritage and aid they should comprehend and luxuriate in literature. With those interpreting courses, your scholars will perform interpreting comprehension abilities, sharpen their vocabulary, and discover ways to determine literary components.
Covers the method of getting ready for the complex Placement U. S. executive and Politics examination, from identifying a method and comparing strengths and weaknesses via perform assessments and reviewing the topic sector. summary: encompasses a 5-step plan to lead your practise software and assist you construct the talents, wisdom, and test-taking self assurance people govt and politics.
- A Writer's Guide to Active Setting: How to Enhance Your Fiction with More Descriptive, Dynamic Settings
- CliffsNotes GRE Math Review
- 5 Steps to a 5 AP Statistics, 2008-2009 Edition (5 Steps to a 5 on the Advanced Placement Examinations Series)
- Speak Up! Giving an Oral Presentation (Explorer Junior Library: Information Explorer Junior)
- CliffsComplete King Lear
- How to Prepare for the SAT: 2007-2008 (Barron's How to Prepare for the Sat I (Book Only))
Extra resources for A Parent's Guide to Scholarship Tests
45 Chapter 3 D eveloping skills and abilities This chapter provides a whole range of advice that may be helpful as you assist your child to prepare for a scholarship test. Each child will develop at a different rate, have a different learning style, and have an individual set of interests and abilities—just as each parent will. As mentioned in the Introduction, many parents feel they need strong advice and clear instructions on how to help their child prepare. This section of the book in particular takes a direct tone, rather than couching statements in qualifications and disclaimers.
Higher-order thinking goes beyond rote learning: it assumes that memorising something is not the same as thinking about it. Children can be taught to memorise things—facts, formulae, quotes from a book—without understanding them. Rote learning requires a student to memorise and parrot back facts and fig- ures. It’s the skill of a robot programmed to perform a routine function, but unable to use the information to think for itself. Higher-order thinking requires more cognitive processing, and is more difficult to learn and to teach than rote learning, but it also has a much wider application.
As mentioned in the Introduction, many parents feel they need strong advice and clear instructions on how to help their child prepare. This section of the book in particular takes a direct tone, rather than couching statements in qualifications and disclaimers. For simplicity’s sake, it is more likely to say, ‘Read to your child’ than to say, ‘There is some evidence that reading to your child may have a positive effect on your child’s literacy levels, although this is the subject of some debate in the academic community’.