By Molly E. Holzschlag
* This value-priced advisor by way of one of many most sensible 25 such a lot Influential girls on the internet supplies 250 suggestions, workarounds, counsel, and annoyance-busters that internet designers won't locate wherever else
* bargains 500 pages of insider suggestions to enhance workflow and potency, shop improvement money and time, and bring up seek engine ratings and placement site visitors, no matter if designers are looking to improve an present website or construct a cutting-edge web site from scratch
* Covers issues akin to HTML, XHTML, CSS, pictures and multimedia, cellular phone and PDA accessibility, content material improvement, instruments, usability, details structure, globalization, and placement redesign
* Molly Holzschlag is a guidance committee member of the net criteria venture (WaSP) and spokesperson for the realm association of site owners, in addition to a widespread lecturer at meetings and the writer of twenty-five prior books
Read Online or Download 250 HTML and Web Design Secrets PDF
Best web development books
In a posh global, items which are effortless to take advantage of win prefer with shoppers. this can be the 1st ebook with regards to simplicity aimed particularly at interplay designers. It exhibits how one can drill down and simplify person stories while designing electronic instruments and functions. It starts through explaining why simplicity is beautiful, explores the legislation of simplicity, and provides confirmed suggestions for reaching simplicity.
An in-depth examine the internals of the WordPress procedure. because the hottest running a blog and content material administration platform to be had this present day, WordPress is a robust device. This intriguing ebook is going past the fundamentals and delves into the guts of the WordPress procedure, providing overviews of the practical points of WordPress in addition to plug-in and topic improvement.
Internet fashion designer journal - factor 195
Construct scalable, high-traffic web content and net purposes with Node. js
For many . internet programmers, Node. js represents a brand new method to construct high-traffic web pages and functions. Now there’s a realistic, concise advent to Node. js in particular for Microsoft builders. David Gaynes courses you thru the total Node. js improvement technique. utilizing Microsoft visible Studio examples, he addresses every little thing from constructing servers and authorization via offering wealthy CSS pages choked with images and data-driven content material. Gaynes sincerely explains Node. js’s async version, coding method, request/response paradigm, website constitution, info administration, protection, and extra. This speedy consultant can help you follow your hard-won . internet abilities to Node. js.
Expert tips displaying you ways to:
pick out, set up, and configure the instruments you must construct Node. js ideas in visible Studio
paintings with callback features and the Node. js asynchronous programming version
organize a Node. js undertaking and use what you recognize approximately MVVM and MVC styles
keep an eye on the complete Node. js request/response lifestyles cycle
identify website constitution, routes, and entry to static assets
deal with facts via caching, kinds, IO thoughts, and dossier uploads
combine facts from Microsoft SQL Server and different databases
Use Passport to combine easy, versatile authentication
- Enterprise Application Development with Ext JS and Spring
- The Web Designer's Idea Book Volume 2: More of the Best Themes, Trends and Styles in Website Design
- The Mobile Book (By Smashing Magazine)
- HTML5 in Action
- Knockout.js: Building Dynamic Client-Side Web Applications
Extra info for 250 HTML and Web Design Secrets
In the past, most UNIX and related operating systems used certain compression formats, Macintosh used others, and Windows still others. Sending files back and forth or making them available in compressed formats on Web sites always means making sure you’ve got software capable of cross-platform compression and extraction. com/), a low-cost shareware utility that creates and extracts a wide number of compression formats that are used across platforms (see Figure 1-23). ࡗ 28 Part I: Tools, Planning, and Content ࡗࡗࡗ Figure 1-22: Tidy literally “tidies up” your documents.
Com/ GIFMerge/ The majority of Web designers, however, tend to use Adobe ImageReady for animations. ImageReady (shown in Figure 1-18) ships with Photoshop and is available for Windows and Macintosh. Figure 1-18: Creating a GIF animation in Adobe ImageReady. ࡗ 24 Part I: Tools, Planning, and Content ࡗ ࡗ ࡗ Secret #11: ࡗࡗࡗ Screen Capture Utilities By far, some of the most helpful utilities I’ve ever used are those that assist with screen capturing. Such utilities are invaluable when creating Web site portfolios, sharing mockups with co-workers and colleagues, and so on.
Shtml. htm. ࡗ ࡗ ࡗ Secret #19: Software for Security and Safety While the majority of security concerns in Web design and development lie on the server side of things, protecting your local computer(s) is an essential aspect of being a professional Web master. The reasons are many and include the protection of your intellectual property (IP) to limit or eliminate the possibility of spreading viruses or worms in networks, software, Word documents, and e-mail; and to prevent the proliferation of spyware, adware, and other malicious browser-oriented concerns that can be spread via browsers and peer-to-peer communication systems.